Robert Brolin, M.D.
Throughout his nearly 40 year career, Dr. Robert Brolin was one of the United States’ leading bariatric surgeons. His bariatric surgical expertise is known worldwide.
35+ Years Experience
Dr. Brolin has performed thousands of bariatric procedures throughout his career.
Sleeve gastrectomy is a procedure in which about 85% of the stomach is removed, leaving roughly 15% of the original stomach's capacity, which is shaped like a sleeve.
Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery closes off the upper stomach and separates it from the remaining lower stomach below the staples. This creates a small stomach pouch about as big as a shot glass.
Revisional bariatric surgery is performed to alter or repair a preexisting operation for treatment of morbid obesity. The need for this surgery is on the rise.
Bariatric Expert Witness
Dr. Brolin has served as a medical expert in legal cases involving general and bariatric surgery for more than 30 years. He reviews cases for both plaintiffs (about 40%) and defendant physicians (about 60%).